Thursday, November 5, 2009

Honey...OMG...What Did You Do??

Saturday, November 7th...our worst fight in a while
Of course it's funny now, but in the heat of the moment, mommy was HOT MAD!
Here's how the morning went...

Clay: I'm taking Connor to get his mop cut..he looks like a shaggy dog. I need to get mine cut too.
(You know where this is going right)

Lindsey: Ok, but don't do anything drastic, we have to take Christmas pictures soon.

Clay: I won't...I promise

Lindsey: While you're out, will you get me some baby food at Walmart?

Clay: Sure make me a list

Lindsey: Should I write haircut instructions on that list (haha)

Clay: Honey...really?! Just trust me (famous last words)

* An hour or so passes*

Clay yells from the garage where he and Connor are getting out of the Tahoe.

Clay: Hey mommy, come look at Connor's haircut

Lindsey: HONEY...OH MY GOSH...WHAT DID YOU DO???

Clay: I didn't do it the barber did it! You don't like it?

Lindsey: NO I DON'T LIKE IT...YOU GOT HIS HEAD SHAVED. HIS HEAD IS SHAVED IN THE WINTER. NO, NO CLAY...HIS HEAD IS SHAVED FOR OUR CHRISTMAS PICTURES. WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING...WHAT DID YOU TELL THE GUY TO DO???

Clay: He asked me how I wanted it cut. I said I don't know, just cut it like mine.

Well the guy did just that. He took the clippers and shaved my little boy's head. I was mad for about an hour. I didn't talk to Clay and could barely even look at Connor. I know it wasn't his fault, but every time I looked at him, I didn't see the little boy that left our house. He looked so different! He looked like a boy instead of a baby. Maybe that's what was such a shock. The realization that my baby boy is growing up so fast.

After I quit being mad...I ended the silence with the comment,"Well the guy did exactly what you asked...he cut Connor's hair just like he cuts yours...y'all look exactly alike!" Clay and I rarely fight. We really are best friends. So blog readers, don't worry, we ended our fight just like we usually do...we looked at each other and laughed...we laughed until we had tears in our eyes. After all, it's just hair right...it'll grow back...right?!


Connor before the dreaded haircut


And...After

He's still the cutest little Connor EVER!!

1 comments:

Andreia Rice said...

Oh, wow!!! lol He still is a little cutie!! Merry Christmas!!